Aerobic plus resistance exercise best for controlling diabetes

2 of 2 Two delightful girls smiling - Runners ...Image by mikebaird via Flickr
WebMD:

A combination of aerobic exercise and resistance training may offer the biggest benefits for people with type 2 diabetes in helping them control their disease.

A new study shows the combination was best at improving HbA1c levels, compared with either type of exercise alone or no exercise.

...
There is more.

My puppies are giving me the aerobic part when I taking them for walks. The youngest is just over two months old and I recently started leash training. Once she caught on she likes to really prance. The older one is a little over five months old and he has always been an eager walker on a leash. I will have to figure out some consistent form of resistance training. Perhaps lifting my chain saw and getting after some limbs and logs.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains