The great uncle in the attic

Riehl World View tries to running down the uncle in the attic and can find no record of him serving in the army, but did find record of a man with a similar name as Obama's uncle who served in the Navy in World War II.

The facts maybe that this is family hearsay that got garbled in the retelling. I think the candidate has created his own distraction this time. Perhaps his grandmother in Hawaii can clear things up if some reporter can contact her.

It appears to me that Obama may have the same weak grasp of family history that he has of fairly recent American history.

I had an uncle who served in the Navy in World War II in the Pacific. He was a gunner on a destroyer, and I remember a story of how shocked my grandmother was that he might have killed someone. My uncle responded that the Japanese thought it was an honor to die and he was doing his best to help them. I don't think any of my uncles who served had PTSD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should Republicans go ahead and add Supreme Court Justices to head off Democrats

29 % of companies say they are unlikely to keep insurance after Obamacare

Bin Laden's concern about Zarqawi's remains